Programme for 2018:
Term 4: 15th October – 21st December (10 weeks)
We offer either morning or early evening group classes. Group classes last 1.5 hours per week.
Term 4 programme
Foundation 1: Tuesday 10.00-11.30am, Thursday 6.30-8pm,
Foundation 2: Monday 11.45 -1.15pm, Tuesday 6.30-8pm
Intermediate 1: Tuesday 10.00 -11.30am, Thursday 6.30-8pm.
Intermediate 2: Wednesday 6.30 – 8pm, Saturday 10.00 – 11.30pm
Advanced: Monday 6.30 - 8pm, Thursday 11.45 - 1.15pm
NB: Price for group classes $650
Holiday Intensive programme
Every semester break, frenchclass offers a range of intensive classes for students to fully immerse themselves in the French language. Classes are held on a daily basis and offer an intensive mix of conversational French learning with a healthy dose of laughter and French life.
October Intensive: 2nd – 5th October
Beginners: 9.30 -12.30pm – 12 hour programme – $660
Intermediate: 3.30-6.30pm – 12 hour programme – $660
Contact frenchclass: email@example.com or 93802672 for bookings.
Childrens’ Classes 2018
Foundation 2 Tuesday 4.30 - 5.15pm suitable for Primary aged children with some experience of French.
We have a small range of classes for children but spaces for all classes are very limited.
We also offer private lessons for school students. For all information about the classes for children after school please contact Martine to work out what is the best for your child.
Levels for children
Foundation 1 Introduction to the French language with songs, games, stories and laughs. Foundation 2 Continuing French for children with some experience in the language. Advanced 1 Continuing to explore the grammar and vocabulary based on the conversation.
Prices for children classes per term 3/4 hour class $295
HSC preparation class
This class will focus on the necessary preparation of the HSC examinations with extra emphasis on spoken and written material. Suitable for Years 11 and 12 plus other advanced students.
HSC Intensive: October Intensive: 2nd to 5th October 1 – 3pm $440
8 hours of intensive classes focusing on spoken and written French to assist with the 2018 HSC programme.
Contact us for bookings: firstname.lastname@example.org
Run like a private class but at the time of your choosing, a skype lesson can fit in with your busy schedule or distance from frenchclass.
As well as the lessons we offer a package of recordings by Martine from the group classes in both Foundation 1 or 2 that assists you with learning the basics.
Cost 6 x one hour lesson and recording package for 1 person $625
About the Classes
The way we teach French at frenchclass is very different from the way it is taught in other schools.
For Foundation Classes
* We follow our own adapted Michel Thomas style in our foundation classes and we have found that it is a real inspiration to our learners and teachers alike
* We use no textbooks
* We use English to explain how French conversation works. That way you understand immediately what is required in French conversation and this builds your self confidence
* Once structures have been explained, we provide numerous prompts to help you to use the language correctly
* The conversations we use and teach have first been reduced to their essential words and structure
We are particularly proud of the speed with which our students gain confidence in using verbs, tenses and moods.
We coach our students endlessly with verbs in all tenses and moods because this is indispensible for good and accurate conversation.
During the foundation classes everything about French grammar will be explained and you will learn tactics that will help you to remember this important aspect of the language.
Rules that you may not have understood before will become clear.
We can guarantee that we will guide and assist you to reach an Advanced Level in French conversation within 3 to 4 terms.
There is no simpler and faster way to reach this goal.
At this level you know the essentials of French conversation, therefore no more explanations of grammar are given unless requested, of course.
While we use English in the foundation classes to explain grammar and structure, we now do all that in French.
These classes are like a play performed by talented teachers. They will convey to you a multitude of French expressions and idioms and the different moods and accents that go with them.
You will take part in real French conversation with a native speaking coach.
Each lesson becomes little by little a delightful slice of real French life!
To keep your French brain active between lessons you will be able to use our class recordings.
Learning includes also listening to French songs, watching exerts of films, use of French web sites and current French TV.
This class is especially for beginners to the French language. It is suited to those who are traveling to France and want an introduction to the language. You will be introduced to the sounds and basic grammar of the French language. You will learn the simple phrases necessary for traveling while on holiday in France and how the language works.
Maybe you have done some school French, visited France and learned a little. These classes assume some understanding of French and the desire to take that knowledge forward by developing a better understanding of the grammar and pronunciation.
These classes are designed to combine the grammar and vocabulary learnt in previous lessons and translate this learning into conversational skills. You will have a chance to work towards great spoken fluency.
The conversation class is for those speakers of French who would like to keep practicing their French. Each week new topics will be introduced for discussion. Along the way you will get the opportunity to extend your vocabulary, update your grammar and parlez français.
Private Tuition (as of July 1st)
* Cost Prices are per person per hour
* Private tuition $145 pp (5 hours) $725 and you receive one extra hour)
* Class with 2 students $115 pp (5 hours) $575 pp and you receive one extra hour)
* Class with 3 students $100 pp (5 hours) $500 pp and you receive one extra hour)
We offer gift vouchers for your loved ones.
frenchclass also offers intensive private lessons and holiday classes.
We have corporate French classes too. We can tailor a programme for your organisation for both individuals or groups who need to learn to speak French as part of their work. These classes can be based at frenchclass or your worksite (travelling expenses apply).
If you can’t find a time that suits and /or have a group of friends who want a lesson or wish to have private classes please don’t hesitate to contact Martine and we can organise a time to meet and book a first free rendezvous. Call Martine ph. 9380 2672
Terms and Conditions
* Classes will proceed with a minimum of 4 people and maximum of 8 people. *frenchclass will secure your place in a class upon payment of a non refundable (for change of mind) but transferable deposit ($100 pp for term classes, $200 for intensives) prior to start of the term classes. Refunds for deposit paid will be available in cases were frenchclass is unable to offer classes as planned.
* Payment can be made in cash, eftpos or bank transfer before the beginning of the term, unless otherwise arranged.
* If you have to miss a class: you are welcome to join another class for a make up lesson in the same term.
* If you are unable to start or complete your booked group classes you can transfer your booking to another term of group classes.
* A credit will be offered only for the following term for any interruption of programme.
* Group classes can be attended on a one-off basis – Cost per class $70.
* If you cancel a lesson in advance of 24hrs no payment is necessary and you can reschedule the lesson.
*If you cancel or miss a lesson less than 24 hours in advance you will be charged for that lesson.
* Block bookings must be paid in advance. Block bookings are to take place over consecutive weeks.